Roast Chicken Soup ... the Simple Way!
Ingredient List ... Chicken Stock:
1 Roast Chicken
3 Celery Stalks
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
Ingredient List ... Roasted Chicken Soup:
White Meat from the Roast Chicken
4 Celery Stalks
1 Cup Cooked Spinach (or package of fresh spinach)
1 Cup Cooked Rice (or 1/2 cup uncooked rice)
Salt, pepper, parmesan cheese to taste
1. Remove the white meat from the roast chicken. Set aside the white meat for later and add the remaining chicken, bones, skin to a stock pot. Rinse the plastic tray with water to catch the drippings. Add the liquid to the stock pot. Fill the pot 3/4 of the way with water.
2. Add quartered onion, celery stalks, carrots, tomatoes, and a few bayleaves. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cover the pot and turn temperature to high setting until the water starts to boil. Then reduce the temperature to medium heat. Let simmer for a few hours. The longer it gently simmers the tastier the flavor of the broth.
4. Chop into bite sizes carrots, celery, onions and the white meat that you reserved.
5. The broth is ready when it is nice and flavorful and the meat easily falls off the bones. Remove the bones, skin, and cooked vegetables from the broth. Pick out the meat and large pieces of tomato. Discard the cooked vegetables.
6. Add back the meat from the broth and the tomatoes. Add the chopped onion, celery, carrots and white meat. Add in rice if using raw rice. Bring liquid back to a boil.
7. When the vegetables are tender, add in the cooked rice and spinach.
8. Add a dash of tabasco, Worcestershire. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Enjoy a nice bowl of tasty roast chicken soup with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.